Tuesday 21 June 2011

DIY: Shoe Crystals

DIY: Shoe Crystals
Inspired by the Prada 'Chandelier' shoes

What You Will Need:
1. Strappy shoes
(I used Tony Biancos in Dappichi because its the only pair I had where the straps sat in the most appropriate place to attatch the trim onto)
2. Crystal trim (from craft stores, I found mine by accident in a discount variety store)
3. Scissors
4. Lighter (or matches...anything that burns really)
5. Needle and Thread



Method:

1. Measure the crystal trim to size from one strap which ends by the side of the heel to the opposite side. Cut and singe the end of the Ribbon to seal and stop from fraying.


2.Wrap one end of the trim around the strap and stitch on.



3. Do the same on the other side. It should look like this:


TADA!


So.Friggin.Easy.
Similar to the previous DIY, I know, but this is too pretty to not try!
What shud I do with the left over crystal trim??
Any suggestions?
I was thinking of adding it to a clutch bag...



Keep up to date with my DIY's to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment